Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday January 13, 2010 Day 11

Well Folks!
Schatz Wicca's daughter is now 11 days old and she is doing very well. I have been checking her to see when her eyes are going to open. Nothing had happened until this morning when I checked her and found that the outer eye lids are beginning to open up. Schatz is also, trying to move around more on her own. She has probably grown about 2 or 3 inches since birth. For a little soul that had such a rough start in life she is a real strong dog now. Wicca's body has adjusted quite well at having only one pup. Sometimes Dam's who only have just one pup either have trouble with teets that become engourged or their milk stops all together. Wicca's has just enough milk I think to sustain Schatz.

(-----------------------------------------------------------------) This is how big Schatz is now at eleven days old. WHen she was born she was this big
(-----------------------------------------------)

I will take this as a grerat sign that she is doing well in her mother's care. Well it has been a wonderful journey that has had its ups and downs. There has been moments of pure enjoyment and beautifulness (if that is a word?) However, this time has had its moments of pure terror. I am just glad that Wicca and her one surviving pup are both healthy and doing good. I just wish i knew if anyone looked at this blog. Oh Well! No one may not be reading this blog now however, they may stumble on to it at the one time when they need it the most.

1 comment:

  1. I stubbled across this blog when I googled min pin pregnancy. My min pin, 6 years old, got unintentionally pregnant from our sheltie! I am so worried about her not doing well in labor! Thanks for your blog about this. I know it was 6 years ago that you wrote it but wanted you to know that what you wrote helped! :) thanks

    ReplyDelete